Everything you need to know about raising goats for milk or meat including breeds, feeding, housing, and health in the U.S. and in India.
For information about Indian goat farming scroll down the page
GOAT FARMING RESOURCES
has a website about ,, and
– has compiled a wide range of publications and information on breeds, management systems, health, and much more.
– The University of Maryland has a free, comprehensive 412 page publication called the which covers a wide range of topics in detail.
– The publishes a 20 page ; a 24 page guide called ; a 32 page guide called ; a 24 page guide called an 8 page guide called ; an 8 page guide called ; an 8 page guide called ; and a 24 page listing dozens of publications and links. All of these publications are free.
– A free .pdf publication from UC Davis called , with general information on goat farming and the current state of the industry (as of 2006) is also available.
– The contains articles, information on conferences, organizations, management, registration, recipes, and a whole lot more.
– The is loaded with information about shows, articles, conferences, health, and more.
– The offers a newsletter, classes, dozens of links, quick reference tables, forums, factsheets, power point presentations, research articles, and other resources.
– is another page with loads of information about all facets of goat farming, including information for beginners.
– has lots of resources on goat farming including hundreds of articles, extensive links and tools, a breeders directory, goats for sale, catalogs, lists of auctions, and more.
– is a national resource for sheep and goat marketing which provides education, news, a marketing directory, producer directory, calendars, and links.
– The has research information, publications, links, and lots of other information.
– Langston University offers a for meat goat producers.
– is a popular site with comprehensive information on grass-fed animals, health, pasture management, and a whole lot more.
– had links to information and publication about many aspects of goat farming.
– The has an excellent website featuring activities, education, youth program, marketing resources, and a producer directory.
– For Goat Farming Enterprise Budgeting Tools, Check Out the Following Links: ; ;
– explains all the benefits of goat milk, as well as how to use it to make cheese and other dairy products, as well as skin care products.
– is a comprehensive resource site with dozens of useful articles and much, much more.
– The has an enormous amount of information on large animal health, welfare, and medicine
– The – jointly developed through a partnership of University of Missouri Extension, the National Center for Approriate Technology, Missouri State University and Lincoln University – helps goat farmers refine their schedule to enhance goat production.
Information about Indian Goat Farming
– Has information about goat farming, history, and supplies.
– has a discussion thread about goat farming in India.
– is an article written in 2007 by Shalander Kumar.
– has lots of information about commercial goat farming.
– , has information about goat farming in India.
– Links to lots of goat products and individual farms in India can be found .
– Promotes Goat Rearing
– situated 3 kms from Amalner town in northern part of Maharashtra in Dist. Jalgaon has a great website with information about raising goats, goat breeds, sales, and more.
– An article on Goat Farming in Bihar is available .
– A comprehensive on Sheep and Goat Breeds for Each Region of India is available.
– The is a great resource.
– is your little nest on the web for all the chirping about Indian agriculture. It often has content about goat farming and features a Goat/Sheep Farming knowledge base and resources forum.
– Our post listing Free Research Publications About Goat Farming in India is at:
Data from USDA-ARS “What’s in the Food You Eat” search tool 3.0
|Fat, total (g)||16.42||3.02|
|Saturated fatty acids, total (g)||6.317||0.926|
|Monounsaturated fatty acids, total (g)||7.305||1.354|
|Polyunsaturated fatty acids, total (g)||0.491||0.229|
|Vitamin B-6 (mg)||0.366||0|
|Choline, total (mg)||80.4||106|
|Vitamin B-12 (mcg)||2.69||1.18|
|Vitamin E, alpha tocopherol (mg)||0.45||0.34|
|Vitamin K (mcg)||1.6||1.2|
Find additional farming resources at http://medxcycle.com/additional-farming-resources/