The Finding Land To Farm page provides information about:
- Finding land for sale
- Tips for finding land to farm
- A state-by-state listing of Land-Link programs
- And more…
Individuals interested in purchasing farmland might also be interested in our , which lists resources related to funding land purchases and other needs.
This page is organized into three main sections:
- 速蛙云流量怎么用:General Resources about finding land to farm, both national and regional.
- 速蛙云流量怎么用:Land listing services, both national and regional.
- 速蛙云流量怎么用:LandLink programs by state. LandLink programs “link retirement and farm exit approaches with farm entry strategies.” For additional information on LandLink programs visit the .
1. General Resources about Finding Land to Farm
- page has a number of useful ideas and links.
- page has analysis of farmland prices throughout the country, as well as a host of statistical information and research reports related to farmland ownership and pricing.
- is a National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service (ATTRA) publication, available free on the web.
- has a with useful information and publications about strategies for finding land.
- offers a with sections on farm seekers, farm transfer planning, landowners, educators and advisors, and communities. Land For Good’s programming is largely oriented toward New England.
2. Land Listing Services
- has a farmland classifieds page that helps link farmers and land, and also lists job opportunities and equipment for sale.
- is the largest rural listing service in the nation specializing in land for sale.
- is a national search engine that allows you to search for farmland real estate listings in any part of the country.
- lists farmland for sale.
- lists resources for those looking for farmland for sale.
- helps link farmers and gardeners looking for land, with people looking to share their land.
- allows you to search farms for sale by category and location.
- Mother Earth News lists farms and rural properties at their page.
- is a website with lots of information about rural land, farms, ranches and more.
- Rodale Institute’s forum replaces their former ‘classifieds’ page.
- is the first true online marketplace for the $32 billion U.S. farmland rental market, optimizing returns for landowners and helping farmers access land to expand operations. For more information, call 833.845.5225.
- is a web application that links farmers directly to farmland for lease in their area. Includes maps and use history.
Regional & State Resources for Finding Land to Farm
- California: Red Hawk Reality is a specialist in CA farmland .
- Upper Mid-West: The Land Stewardship Project’s Farm Beginnings Program has a resource called , which lists land opportunities in the upper Midwest.
- Midwest: The Midwest Organic and Sustainable Education Service (MOSES) has a resource listing farmland for sale/rent, and farmland wanted called .
- Minnesota and Wisconsin: rural land in these states can be found at .
- Minnesota: The Minnesota Department of Agriculture’s is a compilation of farm properties that are for sale or rent and that already have the infrastructure in place to raise livestock or that could potentially be modified to raise livestock.
- Massachusetts/Southern New Hampshire: Tufts University’s lists land availability at the
- Vermont: Learn about the Vermont Agriculture Land Access Database
3. The following is a State by State listing of Land Link Programs that may help you in finding land to farm
This listing is adapted from the listing of network participants in the . If you find broken links here, please let me know by sending me a message using our contact form. You can also find a list of FarmLink Programs from the . And check out from Practical Farmers of Iowa. They are in Iowa, but the listings are nationwide.
Catskills Farmlink is a collaborative of regional organizations, agencies and Cornell Cooperative Extension that supports Catskills farmers by offering online “classifieds” about educational programs…
Columbia Land Conservancy and Dutchess Land Conservancy established a partnership expanding the Farmer Landowner Match Program to serve farmers and landowners in both New York counties. The Match…
The Finger Lakes LandLink is a project of Cornell Cooperative Extension Tompkins County and Groundswell Center for Local Food and Farming. The purpose of LandLink is to facilitate connections between…
The Hudson Valley Farmland Finder is a resource for farmers and landowners. This website is managed by Partners of the Hudson Valley Farmlink Network and serves 13 counties in the Hudson Valley.
Find more great farming resources at http://medxcycle.com/additional-farming-resources/